This month is all about the mighty Mo, as in Movember, the leading charity changing the face of men’s health. Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon have partnered with them for The Great Movember Giveaway!
Did you know that on average, men will die 4.5 years earlier than women? Or an estimated 10.8 million globally are facing life with a prostate cancer diagnosis? And across the world, a man dies by suicide every minute, every day?
Mental health, suicide prevention and prostate and testicular cancer – Movember was set up to address all of these issues – not only by raising awareness but vital funds as well.
This year Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon has joined forces with this phenomenal charity by launching The Great Movember Giveaway. And to our minds it’s the perfect partnership. The idea for Movember was born in 2003 when two friends dreamed up the idea to raise money by growing a ‘Mo’ over a drink at a bar in Melbourne and now, Buffalo Trace, a drink from the world’s most awarded distillery is proudly supporting the cause.
What is The Great Movember Giveaway?
In a nutshell, The Great Movember Giveaway is Buffalo Trace’s commitment to the Movember Foundation. Yes, it’s a chance to win lots, and we really mean lots of lovely prizes but there’s more to it than that: it’s about a commitment to having a lasting impact on the face of men’s health. And the great thing is, anyone over the age of 18 can be part of it.
How does it work?
Simples. Choose from one or better still, more of the following:
1. Buy one of the special promotional bottles of Buffalo Trace Bourbon (proudly sporting a handsome Mo, obvs), to be in with a chance of winning one of the amazing prizes up for grabs. The top one is – wait for it – a seven-night Ultimate Outdoor American Adventure trip for four people to the USA! Which would be mind-blowing enough but, as well as flights and accommodation, the lucky recipient will also bag a pitmaster-led BBQ evening, a Buffalo Trace Bourbon tasting experience and a cool £1,000 spending money. #fabulous
That’s the biggie but there all manner of treats to be won, including a Gozney ‘Dome’ Outdoor oven (you’ll want one, trust us), £50 Greene King dinner vouchers, bottles of Buffalo Trace Bourbon and much, much more
2. No bottle? No problem. There’s still a chance to get lucky by taking part in the no-purchase necessary giveaway. And we strongly suggest that you do because you could be in with a chance to win a trip to the Buffalo Trace BBQ School in Hertfordshire. Oh yes, you and three guests will be treated to a four-hour barbecue session hosted by none other than pit-master Jack Rowbottom who will teach you all the tips and tricks you need to master the barbie like a boss.
There are also Weber ‘Smokey Joe’ Portable BBQs and bottles of Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Eagle Rare Bourbon and Sazerac Rye up for grabs.
And here’s the other thing: whether you enter with purchase or without, there are plenty of Movember donations, ranging from £1 to £100, to be won. Oh, and did we mention that the good folk at Buffalo Trace will match all donation prizes won through the giveaway? How’s that for generosity?
3. While we’re talking Mos, why don’t you grow one, comedy or serious, and get people to sponsor you? (Tip: go for more money if you’re taking the comedy route. You deserve it!)
4. You can also do your bit to raise much-needed funds by setting up your own event, including moving 60km to represent the 60 men we lose each hour every day. Find out more here.
No-purchase necessary giveaway
The star instant win prize
1 x Buffalo Trace BBQ School for the winner and three guests (all guests must also be over 18 years of age). The prize includes a four-hour BBQ session hosted by pit-master Jack Rowbottom (dietary requirements will be accommodated).
The prize includes return standard-fare return trips from the winner’s local main line station to BBQ Land in Hertfordshire.
The 260 other instant win prizes
- 5 x Weber ‘Smokey Joe’ Portable BBQs
- 25 x 70cl bottle of Buffalo Trace
- 15 x 70cl bottle of Eagle Rare
- 15 x 70cl bottle of Sazerac Rye
- 50 x £5 Movember donation via donation page
- 150 x £1 Movember donation via donation page
See winwithbuffalotrace.co.uk for further details.
Purchase of bottle giveaway
Main instant win prize
1 x 7-night Ultimate Outdoor American Adventure for four, with a total value not in excess of £10,500. The prize includes return economy flights to the United States, seven nights’ accommodation in the winner’s choice of National Park. The accommodation is split into four nights in a 4-star lodge, and three nights in a premium lodge or bell tent (subject to availability).
The prize also includes a pitmaster-led BBQ evening and separately, a bourbon tasting experience. In the event any member of the party is under 21 years of age the bourbon tasting experience will be deleted. The winner will also receive £1,000 spending money.
Other instant win prizes
- 1 x Gozney ‘Dome’ Outdoor oven
- 4 x Weber ‘Smokey Joe’ Portable BBQs
- 5 x £50 Greene King dinner vouchers (valid for two years from date of issue)
- 20 x at-home Old Fashioned kit (each prize contains 70cl bottle of Buffalo Trace, 2 Rocks glasses, 15cl bottle of Regan’s Bitters, Buffalo Trace ice moulds, sugar sachet, dried orange garnish)
- 50 x branded Movember sweatshirts
- 50 x Movember socks
- 50 x 70cl bottle of Buffalo Trace Bourbon
- 50 x £100 Movember donation via donation page, together with a Movember moustache cutter
See winwithbuffalotrace.co.uk for further details.
For T&Cs see here